V&A Consulting Engineers is celebrating 39 years working with municipalities and private industry to maintain the life of water, wastewater, and transit systems. We are committed to sustaining our community's infrastructure. World Kindness Day is November 13th, and in celebration of our 39 years, our team is pledging to accomplish 39 (or more) Acts of Kindness before the anniversary. These include individual gestures as well as team efforts. We’ve put together a list of possibilities ranging from running errands for an over-whelmed neighbor to planting a tree or being an encouraging ear for a co-worker. We are all keeping track of our efforts and will share them on November 13th. We’re happy to share our list of suggestions, so just drop us an email if you’d like to join the movement.
Individual Acts of Kindness (partial list)
1. Send an encouraging email. - Short and sweet can make someone’s day
2. Volunteer to run an errand for a neighbor or relative if they are under-the-weather or over-whelmed.
3. Go to Goodwill and leave a $5 on a shelf in the toy aisle. Some child and mom will be thrilled at the find.
4. Plant a tree. It’s good for our environment and life.
5. If you see your neighbor forgot trash day - wheel out the trash bins.
6. Complain less - Remaining positive in a negative situation makes you a leader.
7. Buy lemonade from a kids lemonade stand. Leave a big tip!
8. Animal shelters always need blankets and towels. If you have any old ones, call and see where to drop them off.
9. Animal shelters also need food and treats - buy a few cans or bag of dog food and drop them off.
10. Make a handmade card and surprise someone with something unexpected.
11. Bring reusable bags to the grocery store.
12. Make an effort to learn something new about a co-worker.
Group Acts of Kindness
Create opportunities to give acts of kindness in small or large groups. Here are a couple examples. Look for opportunities in your community, walks, runs, drives etc.
1. Hold a Teddy Bear drive. Pick a date to collect. Then donate to a hospital, police station or fire department for children in need.
2. Breast Cancer Month - October
Race for the Cure. https://ww5.komen.org - There are races in San Francisco, San Diego and Houston if interested.
3. Choc Hospital “Walk in the Park” presented by Disneyland. August 26, 2018. https://www.chocwalk.org
The CHOC Walk in the Park presented by the Disneyland® Resort brings the community together for one single goal – to raise funds for health care programs, education and research for Southern California’s kids. With your favorite Disney® characters cheering you on, celebrating children has never been so fun! Fundraising minimum $95/person. There are also specially priced Park tickets - $61. one day, one park or $87 one day, both parks.
4. Toys for Tots - at Christmas. https://www.toysfortots.org Local drives in your area.